Life of the Law began with a conversation in the summer of 2010 at an ice-cream stand on a hot night in Austin Texas. Today, we’re journalists, editors, producers and scholars working together to produce stories about the law.
We produce bi-weekly, sound rich episodes featuring investigative reporting by our award-winning producers and scholars.
If you’re a professional audio producer and you have a truly compelling story about the law, we invite you to send our team a story pitch via the contact form below.
If you know a story about the law or you have a story you want our team to consider producing, send us an email via the contact form below.
Some stories about the law are best told live so we work with local producers throughout the country to present LIVE LAW storytelling events. Watch our newsletter for upcoming Live Laws.
- Stream feature episodes for free from Life of the Law’s archive
- Subscribe to our bi-weekly podcast
- Listen to us on the Infinite Guest Network of Podcasts from American Public Media.
- Stream Life of the Law’s podcast on iTunes
- If you like to listen to stories on the radio, let your local public radio station know they can purchase the rights to Life of the Law on PRX (Public Radio Exchange.)
Funding and Support
Life of the Law is a project of the Tides Center. We receive funding from the Open Society Foundations and the Law and Society Association. This year we received a special grant from the Proteus Fund to produce a series of ten episodes on the State of the State Courts. Stay tuned!
If you’re a business and you would like to purchase underwriting on our feature podcast, contact us via the form below.
If you enjoy listening to our feature episodes and Live Law stories and want to help support the costs of production, make a donation to Life of the Law by clicking on the “donate” button at the top of our homepage, or the “Support Us” tab to the right.
Every dollar you kindly give to the project, as a one-time donation or as a recurring donation, will pay for our feature episode and Live Law production costs.
We thank you!
– Everyone at Life of the Law