Want to know how heroin treatment centers in Canada, the Affordable Care Act, President Trump’s new budget, and Henrietta Lacks all fit into one conversation? Welcome to In-Studio from Life of the Law.
Each month we present an investigative feature report and two weeks later our team — a scholar, journalist, producer, and attorney — meet up in the studios of KQED in San Francisco to talk about our investigative reports, the law in the news, and the law on our minds. Join us for this month’s In-Studio conversation:
- Brittny Bottorff Attorney and Chair of LOTL Advisory Board
- Tony Gannon LOTL’s Senior Producer
- Nancy Mullane LOTL’s Executive Producer and Host
- Osagie Obasogie Scholar and LOTL Advisory Board Member
Have a story or a question about the law you’d like us to bring to our next In Studio? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Stories we’re talking about…or want to talk about:
Each time our team meets up In-Studio, we bring stories that are in the news and on our minds — that we want to talk about, and get help sorting out.
We don’t have time to discuss all of the stories on the table, but we’re sharing them with you:
- 2 of a Farmer’s 3 Children Overdosed. What of the Third — and the Land?
- As Drug Deaths Soar, Mayor Offers Plan to Cut Toll
- Can this man successfully treat opioid addiction with marijuana?
- Hoffman’s habit
- Drugs are killing so many people in Ohio that cold-storage trailers are being used as morgues
- Trump travel ban: key quotes from Hawaii judge’s scathing rebuke
- NSF Escapes Attention in First Draft of Trump Budget
- Amazon hands over Alexa data in Arkansas hot tub murder case, but 1st Amendment questions remain
- California’s Finally Ready for Truly Driverless Cars
- Virtual Reality Creates Potentially Real Legal Issues
- Henrietta Lacks’s family wants compensation for her cells
Life of the Law In-Studio: Heroin Town was produced by Nancy Mullane, Life of the Law’s Executive Producer and our Senior Producer, Tony Gannon. Our Post Production Editors are Kirsten Jusewicz-Haidle and Rachael Cain.
We want to thank our Advisory Board Members Brittny Bottorff and Osagie Obasogie for joining us In-Studio.
Our engineers were Katie McMurran and Howard Gelman of KQED Radio in San Francisco. Music in this episode was composed by Ian Coss.
This episode of Life of the Law was funded in part by donations from our listeners and by grants from the Open Society Foundations, the Law and Society Association, and the National Science Foundation.
© Copyright 2017 Life of the Law. All rights reserved.