What do radio silence, the FCC, net neutrality, President Trump’s first solo press conference, and Richard Wagner have in common? Welcome to In-Studio from Life of the Law.
Each month we present an investigative feature report and two weeks later our team of scholars, journalists, producers and guests meet up in the studios of KQED in San Francisco to talk about the investigation, the law in the news, and the law on our minds.
Join our In Studio team for a conversation about the law in our lives…This month it’s the FCC, NPR, net neutrality, and President Trump’s first solo press conference.
- Brittny Bottorff Attorney and Chair, LOTL Advisory Board
- Tony Gannon LOTL Senior Producer
- Nancy Mullane LOTL Exec Producer and Host
- Osagie Obasogie Scholar and LOTL Advisory Board Member
- Kirsten Jusewicz Haidle LOTL Post Production Editor
Have a story or a question about the law you’d like us to bring to our next In Studio? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Stories we’re talking about…or want to talk about:
Each time our team meets up In-Studio, we bring stories in the news that are on our minds – stories we have questions about and want help sorting out.
This week our team brought the stories listed below to our In Studio conversation.
- Civil Rights Groups, Funded by Telecoms, Back Donald Trump’s Plan to Kill Net Neutrality
- Net Neutrality And Broadband Privacy Under The New FCC
- The Debate Over Net Neutrality Has Its Roots in the Fight Over Radio Freedom
- New York Times issued weaselly statement on reporter who smeared Melania Trump
- The Leakers Who Exposed Gen. Flynn’s Lie Committed Serious — and Wholly Justified — Felonies
- California lawmakers are stuck on Trump, but there’s a problem at home that needs attention: dirty water
- Henrietta Lacks’s family wants compensation for her cells
- Broad Institute Wins Big Battle Over CRISPR Gene-Editing Patent
- An Outdated Law Will Decide the CRISPR Patent Dispute
Life of the Law In Studio: Radio Silenced was produced by Nancy Mullane, Life of the Law’s Executive Producer, and our Senior Producer, Tony Gannon. Our Post Production Editors are Kirsten Jusewicz-Haidle and Rachael Cain.
We want to thank our Advisory Board Members Brittny Bottorff and Osagie Obasogie for joining us In Studio.
Our engineers were Danny Bringer and Howard Gelman of KQED Radio in San Francisco. Music in this episode was composed by Ian Coss.
© Copyright 2017 Life of the Law. All rights reserved.